Saturday, January 28, 2017

Wk 2 - Regina Choi

Another great week! Things are getting slightly crazier.


Quick reupload of the research.

Initial exploration for the beloved Baghead bigots.
Altering the proportion of Horse-to-Baghead, and playing with concepts.
Ultimately settled for what I affectionately named The Crotch-rider. Finding a compromise between the shapes I liked from the second page was difficult.
Initial experimentation with shapes for Sheba, a relatively uninvolved character.

Slowly zoning in on what I wanted. I loved the idea of the extremely short Sheba; it reduced her to the size of a pet.
Further zoning in. Excellent suggestion by Leroy resulted in her becoming a walking drink-tray!!!!
I thought Stephen would be easy, but I was dead-wrong. He was easily the hardest of the three I attempted.
I wanted more body variation. Found a direction I loved that I felt was close to resembling Stephen's character.
Some more passes, in case I missed a shape opportunity. We opted for one of the earlier poses, but with a compromise on the general head shape.
THE END RESULT SO FAR! I'm terrifically happy with how these guys turned out!!

...And there's our group lineup! Fun project. Enjoyed sketching these out. Looking forward to next week!
-Regina

No comments:

Post a Comment